Thursday, September 17, 2015

Taking Stock: September


Hello again! Are the leaves changing near you? These beautiful creatures have been populated our front walk lately and they're making me giddy with excitement for the fall. While the weather is stupid hot, there's no denying the changing colours and shorter days. I'm over the moon.

How is your week going? Are you crossing things off your list? Are you sneaking some time for yourself? I've been working a ton, packing school lunches, and reading, reading, reading. I've got three books on the go right now and an enormous pile of new books waiting for me. Such is the life of a woman on a break from school.

Here are a few other things I've been up to lately:
Making:  Scarves for the girlies, and yes, I'm still working on my first pair of socks.
Cooking: Gluten-free food.
Drinking: Americano with milk.
Wanting: Some new fabric to get started on my first quilt.
Looking: At the burst of fall colours peeking through the trees.
Wishing: For someone else to cook me dinner.
Enjoying: The quiet of my days again.
Waiting: For cooler days.
Liking: The return of some early fall produce.
Wondering: Who is going to put all this laundry away.
Loving: Watching Alyce ride her first two-wheeler bike.
Pondering: What it means to develop new habits.
Considering: Getting a massage.
Buying: Yarn.
Watching: Baseball with Matty.
Hoping: For the back-to-school season to bring some much needed routine to our house.
Marvelling: At how many hugs and kisses I receive from Shira on an hourly basis.
Cringing: At my sore body.
Needing: Some yoga.
Smelling: Apples and cinnamon.
Wearing: Jeans, for the first time in ages.
Following: My children around.
Noticing: How much Alyce is craving independence.
Knowing: That she's strong and capable.
Thinking: About taking morning walks before Matty leaves for work in the morning.
Admiring: Fall sweaters.
Sorting: Through everything.
Bookmarking: So many things. Finding inspiration all over the place lately.
Coveting: A new fall jacket.
Disliking: The fruit flies that are STILL living in my house.
Giggling: At Shira's tall tales.
Feeling: Motivated.
Snacking: Oranges.
Hearing: The quiet.
---
Do you want to take stock? I got the idea from Pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment