Sunday, August 9, 2015

That time you write love poetry for antibiotics




I just woke up from a strep throat induced coma, and I feel so much better, so much more human, all because of the most delightful and magical antibiotics (and glorious sleep). I wanted to write my antibiotics a love poem. I would have written them a sonnet if I knew how to go about writing sonnets, but his will have to suffice:

Roses are red. 
Violets are blue.  
My throat had strep,
And then you came along and made the birds sing, the rainbows sparkle, and I could finally drink my coffee again, you gorgeous little pill. 

(Look at you reading poetry on a Sunday!)

Strep throat hits me hard, and by hard I mean a meteor hit me square in the neck and knocked me down for the past three days. I've always been vulnerable to strep so you'd think I'd be used to it by now. Nope. My throat starts to ache, my neck gets sore to touch, the fever hits, and I can't function like a human being. I know the symptoms so well I should have gone to the doctor Thursday morning when my instincts/fever told me it wasn't a common cold. But I HATE going to the doctor when they just tell you it's viral and go home and blah blah blah. Instead I wait until I'm in as much pain as I can handle (which is a lot, ahem, I birthed two babies) and then I finally crawl into my doctors office begging for penicillin and painkillers, which is how I spent my Friday. And then! By yesterday afternoon I was human again, having been nursed back to health with my mum's peach pie.

All of this is to say I've been too busy crying in my bed most of this week to get any writing done. Or much of anything at all. If I were to look over my Monday list from earlier in the week, most of my tasks are still waiting for me, like grading a ton of papers, prepping for homeschooling over the next few weeks, and showering. But that's ok, sick happens. 

How was your week? Fill me in and let me live vicariously through your adventures. 

Here's to a happy and healthy week to come.
Be well!
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment