Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year's Eve!



There are only a few hours left of 2012. I learned a lot this year, about myself, my family, and how to take tiny steps toward the life we want. So much happened this year and I'm grateful that you let me share some of these moments with you. I hope you are all safe, warm, and enjoying a
moment to prepare for the good things to come in 2013. Happiest of New Years!

***
My favourite things to do in 2012:

-dance with my kids (I'm on my way to a New Year's Eve dance party in my living in just a few minutes!)
-eat pizza and drink wine with my husband
-bake alone, bake with friends, bake with my children
-read the interne
-celebrate birthdays
-share meals with friends
-doula-ing
-breastfeed my youngest daughter
-road trips with my two best girls (most of the photos in this post come from our road trip to Kingston a few days ago)



 
My favourite things to eat in 2012:

-black and brown rice with mushrooms and balsamic vinegar (inspired by Martha)
-maple and olive oil granola
-my mother's chicken tortilla soup
-Smitten Kitchen's Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies (I have forbidden myself from making them again for at least an entire month)
-champagne




Songs I listened to incessantly in 2012:

-Anything by Regina Spektor
-Murder in the City by the Avett Brothers
-Gimme Sympathy by Metric (both acoustic and regular versions)
-Whip the Blankets by Neko Case
-The Well and the Lighthouse by Arcade Fire
-Graveyard by Feist
-Happy Birthday, Princess by Cinderella





The places I spent my time in 2012:

-our new apartment in Toronto
-Wakefield, QC, for the wedding of a good friend
-hospital rooms, celebrating the birth of new little ones (three girls, one boy, all delicious) 
-Ontario Science Centre, because the girls need a place to run around and be inspired to love math
-Starbucks, because I needed a place to work that wasn't sitting next to my very loud children





What's going to happen in 2013?

Hard work
Big decisions
Little decisions
Reading
Adventuring
Dancing
Laughing
Cooking
Eating
Kisses
Surprises

All the best for 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment