Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday List


It was a good weekend. Now it is Monday and I am all of a sudden very busy. If any of you were wondering whether or not ignoring your giant to-do list over a weekend makes those tasks disappear, no need to look any further: no, they do not disappear. I can confirm with you now that to-do lists hold their shape until Monday. Here is what mine looks like for the week:
  • Monitor my online course (that's always there, lurking on my list. I keep my students busy, and in return, so am I).
  • Start packing! We've been living here for eight months and have slowly spread all over the house. It's time to sort, pack, and make a Goodwill donation.
  • Make some moving plans. Planning a move makes my brain hurt, but nevertheless plans have to be made.
  • Get some exercise. Three times this week I need to sweat. Maybe I can plan my move while I'm sweating and get two things done at the same time. 
  • Take Alyce and Shira on a picnic this Thursday. Anyone want to join me?
  • I have a date with some cookbooks I borrowed this weekend from the library. I am on a mission to cook with some new flavours, especially when it comes to vegetable and grain dishes. I'm working on a new meal plan that will eliminate white flour, most sugar, and include more vegetables. In order to make this work, I need to fall in love with some new ways of cooking. I can't just bake all the time dammit. (Do you borrow cookbooks from the library? It's one of my favourite hobbies).
  • I am very slowly sewing a dress for Shira, my first sewing project since I took that course at Spool in Philadelphia. I have an exceptional mentor whose helping me, but between our five children its sometimes difficult to find a time to get together. We have had to cancel our sewing date twice in the past two weeks, and this week we are trying again. Isn't there something they say about the third time? Let's hope.

What's on your list?
Happy Monday!



2 comments:

  1. Calling the vet to find out if I can get a deal on fixing my cats.
    Call the doctor to pester about getting my son checked out by a gastro-enterologist.
    Find homes for two kittens.

    Haha! I highly recommend the cookbook "Get It Ripe" by Jae Steele...my go-to for "clean" eating (it's vegan but easily adaptable to add eggs/cheese if you like). Sarah Kramer is also fun...simple vegan stuff that my kids seem to like!

    Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the cookbook suggestions! And I wish I could help with the kittens. As it stands we have three cats too many!

    ReplyDelete