Thursday, April 5, 2012

A day


Today I'm all by myself. I'm just going to take a moment to enjoy that sentence.

Bear with me.

Good, I've enjoyed that. Thank you.

Matt is home with The Children today while spend the day in Toronto. I have some legitimate errands to run here, and a meeting to attend, but mostly I'm just stealing away for a day of thinking. And planning. And thinking about planning. I'm not talking about everyday to-do list kind of planning, but more long-term. I'm thinking about steps, as in what my next one will be. There is so much simultaneous freedom and terror involved in taking new steps. I should probably sit for moment and enjoy some more tea first.

That's better.

Later today, after working and thinking, I will meet some friends for lunch and enjoy some more of this day. Today is a complete gift. I'll return later with tales of the goods I acquire today. Goods such as a new idea or perspective, or maybe some encouragement. These are the things I need today.

How are you spending your day today?

1 comment:

  1. I visited a friend for some much-needed encouragement and perspective, lots of coffee, some knitting, and a great salad while our kids played happily. The afternoon has been spent sorting laundry and trying to get my 3 year old to poop on the toilet. The joys...
    Your day sounds like just what the doctor ordered...hope it brings you some peace!

    ReplyDelete