Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Five things I really like

 A little Toopy and Binou before breakfast.

1. Watching cartoons in the morning.

2. Picking Shira up out of her crib after her nap and bringing her into our bed, under the duvet, for some post-nap nursing. I want to bottle that feeling.

3. Watching Matt trying to get a single word in while Alyce, Shira, and I are talking, talking, talking.

4. Listening to Alyce hum while she eats.

5. Baking muffins with Alyce, hearing her tell me that I need to the half cup measure, not the full cup, and that we don't need baking powder but baking soda. And watching her delight as I sneak a few extra chocolate chips in her hand before adding them to the mix.

P.S. And in case you're wondering, the muffins we made yesterday were from SouleMama and the recipe calls for leftover oatmeal from breakfast. Since we always have leftover oatmeal, I feel as though this recipe speaks to me on a higher level. Also, the muffins were tasty. Today we added chocolate chips. The next time we'll add apples. There's no stopping us.

No comments:

Post a Comment