Monday, April 11, 2011

Eleven Months



Shira is eleven months today. Eleven months ago I was a very happy, round pregnant woman. Eleven months ago I was convinced she was coming early (she didn't). Eleven months ago I was sad that we were all alone in Delaware. Eleven months ago I had no idea just how much I would adore this little one.

Sometimes I'm running around doing all the things that I do and Shira will raise her baby arms for ride on mama, and I'm stopped in my tracks by the softness of her cheeks.

I am determined not to let this last month of her first year disappear without notice. We are in the middle of making so many plans and I don't want to forget that soon it is her first birthday. Soon she'll be more interested in her big sister than she is me. Soon she'll choose a cup over nursing. It's not much of a secret, but I right now, she's all mine. She adores the rest of the world, but she still chooses me. And I want to keep it that way for a little while longer. Maybe another twenty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment