Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ten Things About My Tuesday

1. I am back to feeling that kind of tired that only Shira can produce. She's so sneaky that I sometimes don't even realize that I've brought her to bed and started nursing her. Before I know it she's pulled up the covers, claimed the good pillow, and is moving on to side two.





2. I got the results from my second Praxis exam (the English literature test) and I kicked its ass.

3. This morning a very tiny man arrived in my kitchen to fix the broken fridge light. I think he might have been part hobbit. After weeks of darkness, there is now light in our fridge. And, it turns out, a lot of dirt.

4. Matt is away in North Carolina for a few days and he stole the MacBook Pro and I miss it so.so.much.

5. I also miss Matt.

6. No, I really, really do. It turns out that I have the hardest working husband around. Life between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm feels like hard work most days, chasing after Alyce, nursing Shira, coordinating bedtimes, making Alyce's lunch for the next day, and cleaning the mess that generally plagues our house, but it feels more than hard when you're doing it alone. Holy cow Matt does a lot around here.

7. Alyce and Shira go to bed at the same time each night, so Matt and I usually divide and conquer. Since I have boobs, I get Shira. I needed to come up with a plan tonight so that I could spend the necessary time nursing Shira to sleep and Alyce graciously offered to watch Alice in Wonderland and eat pretzels until Shira was sleeping.





8. I found out that I was pregnant with Alyce in March 2007. I think that might have been the last time I cleaned the litter boxes.


9. I'm not above eating chocolate icing from a bowl. This is unrelated to the previous entry.


10. My husband is currently in a hotel room, with an enormous bed, without children or cats. I don't really know how to process this information because I'm so tired I can't think straight. But I think I'm really jealous. A lot jealous.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I do think you cleaned out those litter boxes when you moved, but I'll take your word for it after that!

    ReplyDelete