Thursday, December 9, 2010

Still Waiting by the Email

A couple of weeks ago I posted about the anxiety of hitting the send button on an email to my dissertation adviser. It was a big email, wherein I explain that I am taking time away from my graduate program to explore some new opportunities. It was a difficult email to write, cowardly even. I realize that I should have called her, even if our relationship has always been email-only. Do you think that is why she has not responded? Not even a tiny bit?

That's right. I'm still waiting to hear back from her. Maybe she doesn't think my email was worth a reply. Maybe she read my note and thought to herself, "Well, finally. I knew she wasn't committed," and then forgot to reply. Or maybe she's annoyed that I've wasted her time.

Whatever the reason, I'd really like for her to acknowledge my decision. Perhaps I should call her? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment