Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Introductions


This is my sweet husband. I met Matt in graduate school, and I knew something was special the day he came into class (I think the topic was Kant) and attempted to sell an old pair of his shoes to our professor. The professor didn’t enjoy his humor, but somehow I did. This convinced Matt that he was funny and so he continues to make bad jokes, and I continue to laugh against my better judgment. I might just be the luckiest girl in the world.

Together we made Alyce. She’s the one also laughing at his jokes. She’s two and certainly one of my favourite people of all time. She loves to look after her monsters and purple is her most favourite, special colour. Like her father, she laughs a lot. I enjoy her.


Our family grew in May when Shira Clementine was born. In the four months we have spent together I have learned that she really enjoys to eat (preferably all the time) and has the most delightful perspective on life. The smiles. They are killing me.

Next to Shira is me. You’ll hear far too much about me if you’re not careful. But to get this started, here is a list (see number 4) of things I enjoy:

1. Alyce's singing
2. Toast
3. Cooking with a glass of wine in hand
4. Making lists
5. Reading recipes
6. The way Matt grins when I've been talking non-stop
7. Shabbat dinners
8. Shira's big bum in her cloth diapers
9. Birthdays. Mine and yours.
10. Various cheeses

Things I do not enjoy:

1. Burning my arms on the cookie sheet
2. My tendency to be anxious
3. Sweating in the heat far too many months of the year
4. That thing that makes strangers offer advice when they notice you are pregnant or breastfeeding or involved in parenting of any kind. Really? Just stop.

Finally. The cats. Most days, three cats are too many. Even still, we love them: Hille thinks Pomegranate is his mother (which he’s not), while Lucy rules over them both. I would offer them to you, but then I’d miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment